Since I have decided that this year will be a bunch of firsts for me, I figured I would share this lovely photo of me holding a fairly large snake over the holiday weekend. I definitely give credit to the couple of mimosas that gave me the liquid courage to hold that thing. However, (no worries Mom!) I was being supervised by the Gatorland Snake Operator standing nearby. I’m pretty sure he said I looked like Britney Spears while the picture was being taken – okay I will take that Mr. Snake Man.
Photo Credit: Mr. Matthew.
I also had LASIK done last Thursday. Let me just say, if you have ever thought about doing it or want to do it, DO IT. After wearing glasses since 4 years old and contacts since 11 years old, this is like seeing a whole new world and I absolutely love it! Now the price, don’t really love, but hey – comes with the territory. I also wasn’t too keen on not being able to wear eye makeup for a few days, because let’s face it – mascara is a must have daily! Right ladies?
Now, this breakfast skillet recipe I am about to share with you. Well that is not a first for me. In fact, I make it quite often! So, I figured I would share it since I made it yesterday 🙂
I used celebration blend potatoes and added a sweet potato in there that just seemed very lonely on my counter. I love sweet potatoes as they are low glycemic and a good carb for you – yet so filling. After cutting them up and putting them in the cast iron pan, I loved seeing all of the healthy colors mixed together.
The way I cook the potatoes in the pan makes it quick and easy. I usually get very impatient while cooking potatoes because I feel like they. take. forever.
However, the process for this breakfast skillet is easy and in the end…quite tasty too! Oh, and did I mention that it’s healthy? As long as you aren’t watching your carb intake at the moment ladies! I also have a very hungry man to feed in my house that majority of the time requires eating for two all on his own.
Try the recipe below!
Be sure to like my post or leave a comment to let me know what you think!
Enjoy your breakfast, brunch, or even brinner (my fave!)
xoxo, Robyn ♥
Baked Egg, Turkey Sausage, and Multi-colored Potato Breakfast Skillet
1/2 bag of Potato Inspired Celebration Potatoes, cubed
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 cup water
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
salt & pepper, as desired
1/2 cup turkey sausage crumbles, optional (I used Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked)
3-4 large eggs
dried parsley, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 º F. Place cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet on stove and set to high heat.
- Place potatoes in skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil and stir to coat. Pour in water and cover. Bring to a boil and allow to cook for about 5 minutes until all water has disappeared.
- Remove cover and stir potatoes with a wooden spoon. Add another 1 tbsp of olive oil and garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Cook potatoes uncovered for another 5-6 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add turkey sausage to skillet. With wooden spoon, create 3-4 holes within the potatoes. Add the eggs to where the spaces were made and top with parsley.
- Place skillet in oven for about 5-10 minutes until eggs are cooked as desired. Enjoy!